If you're the type of person who...
- Has a flair for instagram filters and keeps an eye on social media trends
- Easily creates cool graphics and written content for newsletters and web pages
- Can take an event from a concept to a sold-out affair
- Loves to organize data and documents and
- Is comfortable speaking in front of small groups of people...
then you just may be our future Marketing and Development Associate!
We are Green Star Movement, a Chicago-based nonprofit that inspires students and community members through the creation of public art. You'll know our projects not only because of their signature bricolage style, but also because they transform the shared space where they are installed into places where people want to be, not just pass by.
You, our new Marketing and Development Associate, will have your hand in a bit of everything, including social media marketing, content writing, event-planning, fundraising, and volunteer management. Everything you do will deepen the interactions we have with our students, volunteers, event attendees, and the general public in order to maximize our mission impact.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage our social media presence and expand engagement by posting on-brand content, planning campaigns, interacting with followers, and live-tweeting/filming events
- Write and edit promotional emails and quarterly newsletter
- Assist with regular website updates to reflect new projects, updates on programs and personnel, and upcoming events
- Help develop, maintain, and disseminate promotional materials and press releases
- Assist with the creation and execution of events including ribbon-cuttings, mosaic classes, and orientations
- Support the Board of Directors and Associate Boards with their annual fundraisers by helping to solicit donations, coordinate with venues and vendors, and oversee day-of execution
- Maintain database of existing donors, event participants, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Assist with sourcing grant opportunities and writing grant applications and reports
- Assist with the cultivation of individual and corporate donors
- Help create, edit, and manage posters, postcards, flyers, memes, etc. with Adobe Creative Suite programs
- General marketing and office tasks as assigned
- BS/BA in Marketing, Creative Writing, Nonprofit Management or other applicable field (or equivalent work experience)
Relevant training or experience in marketing, writing, fundraising, and event-planning
Skills and Abilities:
- Graphic design skills (Adobe or Canva)
- Excellent communicator – speaks and writes clearly and to the point, adjusts for different audiences
- Organized with attention to detail
- Critical thinking, decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Able to multitask activities with shifting priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Video Production or Photography skills a plus
This job will require being on site at our office at the Bridgeport Art Center for 20 hours per week during regular business hours (M-F, 9 am - 5 pm). In addition, there will also be required work responsibilities such as meetings or events that take place in the evenings and/or on weekends at least 3-4 times a month.