Under the supervision of a member of the Green Star staff, interns will provide assistance with our program and administrative needs while gaining valuable professional experience and receiving feedback on a range of skills. Internships are offered quarterly in the fall, winter, spring, and summer.
Applications for Spring 2018 internships are due by February 15, 2018.
Program Interns will:
- Gain skills in the fundamentals of bricolage mosaic (tiling, grouting, mirror-cutting, sculpture, mixing/coloring mortar, etc.)
- Develop relationship-building skills with youth
- Teach/lead a small group of students or volunteers in tasks and activities
- Prepare the work site for the day’s tasks and conduct clean up
Marketing And Events Internship:
Marketing and Events Interns will:
- Create, edit, and manage marketing materials including posters, postcards, flyers, etc. with Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Publicize our program impact, volunteer opportunities, mosaic classes, and events
- Manage our social media presence and expand engagement by posting interesting content, scheduling updates, planning campaigns, interacting with followers, and live-tweeting/filming events
- Assist with event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including set up and tear down for MakeAMosaic classes and fundraisers, as needed.
- Perform general marketing and office tasks as assigned.