Under the supervision of a member of the Green Star staff, interns will provide assistance with our program and administrative needs while gaining valuable professional experience and receiving feedback on a range of skills. Internships are offered quarterly in the fall, winter, spring, and summer.
Applications for Fall 2018 internships are due by September 15, 2018. Fall Internships take place September through November.
Interns must be able to commit to at least 12-14 hours per week during regular business hours Monday - Friday.
Program Interns will:
- Gain skills in the fundamentals of bricolage mosaic (tiling, grouting, mirror-cutting, sculpture, mixing/coloring mortar, etc.)
- Develop relationship-building skills with youth
- Teach/lead a small group of students or volunteers in tasks and activities
- Prepare the work site for the day’s tasks and conduct clean up
Social Media and Events Marketing Internship
Social Media Marketing Interns will:
- Manage our existing social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube in order to promote our program, volunteer opportunities, classes and events
- Expand social media engagement by sourcing and scheduling content and interacting with followers on all platforms
- Work with the Video Production Intern to develop strategies for incorporating videos into our social media platforms
- Help promote our Classes and Fundraisers
- Solicit in-kind donations from local businesses for Soiree, our annual fall fundraiser
Illustration and Graphic Design Internship
Illustration and Graphic Design Interns will:
- Assist in the conceptualization, design, and layout of printed and digital marketing materials
- Manage and create unique graphics and infographics for use on social media channels
- Create illustrations of our finished murals and sculptures which can be incorporated into our program lesson plans and used in promotional materials
- Contribute to overall brand awareness
Fundraising and Development Internship
Fundraising and Development Interns will:
- Research corporate and foundation grants
- Help plan and execute Soiree, our fall fundraiser
- Help implement and execute the end of year solicitation campaign
- Composing letters to donors and prospects on programs requiring funding
- Communicate with donors/volunteers (thank-you calls, correspondence).
- Oversee/execute materials packing and shipment for initiatives