Under the supervision of a member of the Green Star staff, interns will provide assistance with our program and administrative needs while gaining valuable professional experience and receiving feedback on a range of skills. Internships are offered quarterly in the fall, winter, spring, and summer.
*We are no longer accepting applications for Summer 2017 internships.*
Applications for Fall 2017 internships are due by August 1, 2017.
Program Interns will:
- Gain skills in the fundamentals of bricolage mosaic (tiling, grouting, mirror-cutting, sculpture, mixing/coloring mortar, etc.)
- Develop relationship-building skills with youth
- Teach/lead a small group of students or volunteers in tasks and activities
- Prepare the work site for the day’s tasks and conduct clean up
Marketing Interns will:
- Create, edit, and manage marketing materials including posters, postcards, flyers, etc. with Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Publicize our program impact, volunteer opportunities, mosaic classes, and events
- Expand our presence and engagement on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram
- Perform general marketing and office tasks as assigned.
Administrative Interns will:
- Research, compile, and enter data and information for a variety of administrative matters
- Assist peers and supervisors in assigned administrative and organizational tasks
- Oversee organizational systems for inventories of materials and equipment